ONE DAY EXCURSION
Merzouga: Overnight Camel Trek over Erg Chebbi Dunes
Experience Morocco with a camel trek through the dunes of Erg Chebbi Desert on this overnight trip through the Sahara. Try sand-boarding and drumming, then enjoy traditional tagine and sweet mint tea before camping under the stars in a Berber tent.
- Ride a camel as you trek over Morocco’s Erg Chebbi Dunes
- Play a drum around the campfire after feasting on a traditional Moroccan tagine meal
- Sleep under the stars and watch the sun rise over the dunes of the Sahara Desert
- Experience the lifestyle of desert nomads as you sip tea and share meals with Berbers
- See pink flamingoes splashing in an oasis lake and search for other desert wildlife
Head into Morocco’s Sahara Desert on a camel and watch the sun set over the Erg Chebbi Dunes. This overnight tour offers spectacular views and a chance to experience the desert nomad lifestyle. Eat a traditional Moroccan tagine, take part in a drum circle, and sleep in an authentic Berber tent. See pink flamingoes at an oasis near Merzouga, and search for desert reptiles and mammals as you trek.
Day 1: Erg Chebbi Dunes – D
Ride your camel over the dunes and view the stunning desert scenery. Enjoy a traditional desert welcome in the Berber tent where you will spend the night. Take a sunset camel ride, try sand boarding, and in the evening, enjoy a Moroccan campfire dinner and drum circle before falling asleep under the stars.
Day 2: Erg Chebbi Dunes – B
Watch the sunrise from Algeria as it catches the dunes, and enjoy a camp breakfast before heading back through the Erg Chebbi dunes to Merzouga.
- Camel ride
- Meals as indicated – B = breakfast, D = dinner
- English-, French-, Spanish- and Dutch-speaking guide
- Bivouac camp accommodation
- Drum party
- Water and tea
- Sand boarding
What’s not included?
- Alcoholic beverages (when available)
book with Us NOW
Let’s find the trip you deserve!
Contact us for more information.